Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lisboa: Meet me outside the terminal, besos


Arriving in Lisbon, I found the city getting prepared for the Festas de Lisboa, thus getting even more colorful than it already is. At this point I have to warn you that as far as I can tell, Lisbon is one of those places that forced me to get a bit over-enthused with the picture-taking deal….so bare with me.


Alfama and Bairro do Castelo are probably the most charming neighborhoods in the city with plenty of landmarks and ‘eye-catchers’.


Sé cathedral




The narrow streets and the old buildings decorated with colorful tiles.


The Castelo de São Jorge which comes with a magnificent view of the city…


…and a peacock.


Be careful of the tram!


Walking towards Baixa from the costal avenue, things tend to get a bit more modern, but still in bright colors.


What? You are already tired? We’ve just hit Praça do Comércio. Oh come on…let’s have a small walk through Rua Augusta.


I promise we’ll catch some nice street music …




…and some nice buildings as well.


Ok...you can have a rest for bit. But only for a bit, because we have to drop by Belém as well.






Mosteiro dos Jerónimos is a landmark in Belém you can’t miss.


But let’s cross the street through the underpass.


The river side is promising.




Padrão dos Descobrimentos and Ponte 25 de Abril.




Torre de Belém.


I can tell you are a bit exhausted.


Let’s go for some alien seafood. There are some more places around Lisbon we’ve got to visit!

No comments: