Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Go Phillies!


The second American post combines travel and sports …again!!! After an evening walk in the surprisingly quiet streets of one of the oldest cities in the U.S, I returned to my 6th floor hotel room for some meditation and travel planning.

Around midnight and while I was importing some pics from my camera to my laptop, I came to realize that there was some sort of a riot on the main street just outside the hotel. I was bored (as always) to get out my pajamas and go downstairs and see what was going on, but as the noise was getting louder and louder I couldn’t resist. Memory card and battery in the camera and off I went!!! The first thing I saw when I went off the elevator was lots of smiling faces which was a relief….something good was going on. Broad Street was filled with fans of the Phillies (local baseball team) who won the third game in the World Series, just a win away from the title…don’t ask.





The next day, I was on the streets again for a more extensive visit in the city which combined everything I was hoping for!!!






Urban landscape


A nice market








Street art


A cat




And the famous Rocky Steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art

To be continued….


No comments: